We will comply with environmental laws and regulations, and build, maintain, and continuously improve the environmental management system. Also, we promote harmful substance reduction and resource and energy conservation in consideration of the impact on the environment.
Based on our management philosophy of "Perfrcting Machine Press Technologies: Going a Step Beyond," Unipres Corporation contributes to global environmental preservation from an international perspective by constantly striving to create new functions and value. To pass down a beautiful and rich earth to the next generation, Unipres promotes the following activities with an eye to creating a society that enjoys sustainable development:
- We comply with environmental laws and regulations as well as other requirements to which our company agrees, and we work to protect the environment.
- We endeavor to curb greenhouse gas emissions by contributing to the improvement of fuel efficiency through the creation of lightweight products.
- We strive to prevent environmental pollution by reducing and limiting the use of environmentally hazardous substances in our production activities.
- We work to reduce impact on the environment by promoting the conservation of energy and resources in all our corporate activities.
- We seek to maintain and upgrade our environmental management system by making ongoing improvements.
April 1, 2013
ISO14001 certification status
Unipres obtained third-party ISO14001 certification in March 2004 with an aim to further promote our environmental conservation efforts.
With these goals in mind, we have also established an environmental management system in accordance with this standard.
Our overseas Group companies are also moving forward with obtaining ISO14001 certification, with eight companies having already obtained it.
ISO14001 certification status
o = Periodic research
* = Screening for renewal (every three years)
|Year/month obtained||Renewal schedule|
|Domestic locations||Head Office||2004.3||o||*||o||o|
|Unipres R&D Co., Ltd.|
|Tochigi Plant (Moka)|
|Tochigi Plant (Oyama)|
|Fuji Plant (Fuji)|
|Fuji Plant (fujinomiya)|
|Tool & Die Plant|
|Unipres Kyushu Corporation|
|Unipres Mold Corporation||2002.4||o||o||*||o|
|Overseas locations||Unipres Southeast U.S.A., Inc.||2007.6||o||o||*||o|
|Unipres Mexicana(The First Plant)||2003.8||o||*||o||o|
|Unipres Mexicana(The Second Plant)||Scheduled for 2018||-||-||-||-|
|Unipres (UK) Limited||2001.1||o||o||*||o|
|Unipres (China) Corporation||2014.1||Certified||o||o||*|
|Unipres Guangzhou Corporation||2008.1||o||o||*||o|
|Unipres Zengzhou corporation||2015.2||-||Certified||o||o|
|Unipres Precision Guangzhou Corporation||2013.4||o||o||*||o|
|Unipres India Private Limited||2013.10||o||o||*||o|
Operation of environmental management system
In order to operate the environmental management system in accordance with ISO14001, we will promote environmental activities as shown in the diagram below based on the Unipres' environmental policy.